Forest School and Emotional Literacy Support Assistant - North Primary
Grade 5 or more if suitably qualified 35 hours per week,
Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4.30pm 39 weeks, term-time only (including training days)
Required: ASAP North Primary School is seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic teaching assistant to support pupil wellbeing.
This is an exciting challenge for a committed teaching assistant with some previous experience or knowledge around forest school teaching or ELSA or a similar qualification, to come and work within a dedicated and experienced staff.
About the school:
North Primary School is a well-resourced, two-form entry school that offers a very supportive environment to staff and pupils. The school enjoys a range of specialist facilities and along with an outdoor learning space that needs development for forest school teaching and a fabulous sensory playroom.
You will have:
A love of the outdoors and a calm commitment to children’s wellbeing
• NVQ level 2 or equivalent in an aspect of childcare/early years or SEND practice
• Some experience of working with pupils with specific SEND needs including autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills (equivalent to GCSE Grade A-C)
• A Forest School Teaching qualification or ELSA trained or willingness to qualify as both
• Ability to co-operate and work as part of a team and to be proactive in using own initiative
You also will be able to:
• Work closely with our inclusion leader and designated safeguarding lead as part of a team
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing as well as being IT literate
• Consistently implement agreed pupil behaviour programs and contribute to team strategy discussions
• Follow differentiated planning, other specialist programmes and individual support plans with patience and calmness to ensure pupils are fully participating in activities and sessions
• Build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration.
You can also contact the school to request further information by emailing email@example.com or telephone: (020) 85717749.
The school is committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dbs-checking-service-guidance--2 Please note we do not accept CVs, and these will not be shortlisted.
Closing date: Application forms to be submitted to the school, firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Monday 18 December 2023.
Interviews will be held the week of January 15th 2024.