top of page

2. Who can I talk to about my child's needs?

We understand the importance of sharing information when working with your child.

1. Class Teacher can help you with:

  • The progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need (this could be things like targeted work, additional support) and informing the Deputy Headteacher and Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion as necessary.

  • Your child's provision and what are the small steps to success.

  • Ensuring that all staff working with your child in school is helped to deliver the planned work/program for your child, so they can achieve the best possible progress. This may involve the use of additional adults, outside specialist help and specially planned work and resources.

  • Ensuring that the school’s SEND Policy is followed in their classroom and for all the pupils they teach with any SEND.

2. Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion: Miss K Jurgs

  • Coordinating all the support for pupil with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) and developing the school’s SEND Policy to make sure all pupils get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school. 

  • Working with parents/carers in supporting your child’s learning and ensuring you are informed about the support your child is getting 

  • Reviewing how children are progressing alongside teachers, support staff and parents.

  • Liaising with outside agencies to support your child’s learning e.g. Speech and Language Therapist, Educational Psychologist, etc.

  • Updating the school’s SEND register (a system for ensuring all the SEND needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that there are detailed records of your child’s progress and needs shared with all invested parties

  • Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school so they can help pupils with SEND in the school achieve the best progress possible.

  • Monitoring the impact of policies and the effectiveness of provision in the school.

  • Working with the Local Authority and External Consultants to implement and monitor provision.


Please ask for an appointment to speak to your child's class teacher in the first instance.

Family Support Worker
Class Teacher
Teaching Partner
Outside agencies
bottom of page